Advancing Value-Based Care Through Patient Engagement
To assess and enhance patient engagement strategies among our member health centers to contribute towards improved health of the safety net population they serve.
This 15-month program aims to increase the capacity of Health Center Partners of Southern California to better support their member health centers as they seek to improve patient engagement.
Key objectives/services provided to participating health centers include:
- Measurement of the level of patient engagement within the health center at the staff, infrastructure, and patient levels.
- Conduct co-design sessions with patients and build the capacity of health centers to lead co-design sessions moving forward as a tool to engage patients.
- Development of a comprehensive report of patient engagement strategies that can be implemented at health centers and recommendations on the type of training and technical assistance need to enhance engagement.
- Increase the capacity to provide communication training to health center staff to improve communication between health center staff and patients.
- Create a forum for incorporating patient engagement discussion and best practices among clinical and operational peer groups.
- Evaluate health centers to measure changes in the quantity, type, and effectiveness of engagement strategies used and identify future work needed in this area.
Participating member health centers of Health Center Partners of Southern California, including:
- Community Health Systems, Inc.
- Imperial Beach Community Clinic
- North County Health Services
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
- San Diego American Indian Health Center
- Vista Community Clinic