Core Operations and Quality Improvement (QI) Initiative
Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
To build health center capacity by sharing best practices, knowledge, and skills among health center staff that result in improved patient experience as well as clinical, operational and financial outcomes.
This program provides training for health centers to adjust workflow and reports to begin to use data to improve clinical outcomes. Health centers have adopted population management in order to position themselves from a volume- based to a value- based system.
Services provided include:
- Convene peer groups among Medical Directors, Chief Financial Officers and Operations Directors where health center leadership participates in discussions around clinical quality, patient experience, efficiency, access, clinical integration, the Health Information Exchange (HIE) and care transitions.
- Continuing education opportunities for health center staff
- Initiate planning to increase the capacity of Health Center Partners to support member community health centers through the development of a Member services Department
- Support to health center quality improvement committees.
- Facilitate coordination of quality improvement activities through collaboration with other clinic consortia, health centers and other partners in the Southern California region.
- Increase the capacity of community health center clinicians through coordinated peer networking and peer-led opportunities, as well as KP-sponsored IHI conference